I notice that when we're short on the inside, we're short on the outside.
I don't mean our height.
I mean when we become short with people. Our kids, our husbands or those driving on the road. We tend to snap rather than talk and we grump rather than oblige. We get short.
I noticed that when we're short on sleep, short on food, short on patience, short on peace inside, we get short on the outside.
So, the next time you're sort of short with those around you, check to see if maybe you're really short inside. Short of the breaks, the reserve, the sanity that keeps us from seeing people and situations as irritants.
I am definitely short in stature and I can't change that. In fact, I've come to accept it gladly. But I don't like being short with people. And I don't ever want to just accept that. When I begin to get short with people on the outside, I need to check to see what I'm really short on, on the inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment