A couple of weeks ago, I headed out to get groceries by myself and run some errands. For a stay at home, this can be a luxury. One such time, my sister called me while I was "out" and she asked me what I was doing. "I'm on a Caribbean cruise to Wal Mart," I said. And at times being out away from the kids can feel like that.
But this time, it was no Caribbean cruise. It seemed like every aisle had shoppers and I was navigating a maze of shopping carts, people standing in the middle of aisles and much more traffic within the store than I anticipated. After having made my purchases, I made it back home.
"It was a zoo at Wal Mart!" I exclaimed as I took my coat and boots off. Jason commented that people must be doing their Christmas shopping. I thought no more of that trip.
Until yesterday when we were sitting at the table, Karsten asked me, "Mom, you're not going to Wal Mart anymore days, are you?"
"Well, I'm not going today, but some day I'll go there again," I replied. Wondering where this was coming from.
"But you said there's a zoo at Wal Mart!" Karsten exclaimed.
"Oh, yeah," I said recalling what I had said a couple of weeks ago.
"Mom, what kinds of animals were at that zoo at Wal Mart?" Karsten asked curiously.
I laughed out loud. I should have told him there were the two legged kind, hunting for the perfect bargain.
I thought of how literal our kids are. But in some ways, they can be so right on. :0)
1 comment:
too cute!! :)
i hate shopping during the holidays and during 'regular shopping hours'! Give me an empty walmart at 9-10pm any day...whew!
hope you are having a lovely day!
mel
Post a Comment