So the second week in May, I went to the YMCA and signed our family up for a membership. I also knew that the boys needed a place to take some swimming lessons and to do some karate.
I was doing well for about two weeks. I have been receiving coaching to find out how much body fat I have, how strong (or weak) I am and to eventually figure out a program to help me get in shape. The first time I exercised on one of the machines, I worked up such a sweat, I had to take a shower. Now, that's saying something! I also have taken the boys swimming twice and we swam about 3 hours each time. I was told by my coach that swimming is one of the best exercises. Am I glad to hear that! Anyway--I was on a roll. But today, I was feeling as if this whole exercise thing is really overrated. I really need an exercise partner who can keep me motivated. If I had to put an ad in the paper, it would sound something like this.
"Seeking an exercise partner who can work around my crazy schedule. Sometimes I am available in the mornings, other times, later at night. Mostly, I don't exercise on the weekends. You must be talkative and entertaining. The partner must be so engaging and so interesting, that I forget that I am actually exercising. Partner must be able to put up with complaining that the exercise is too hard and that I am sweating way too much. Partner must also be able to keep up a pace that is faster than me, but not too fast, so I don't feel bad. If you're interested, call me. If not, oh well. I can say I tried. You can find me at home surfing the web to see if there is an alternative to sweaty exercise."
Seriously, I need to get into an exercise routine that is beneficial but also enjoyable. I hope I can. Even if it's only because I am taking the kids to the YMCA and I need to do something. I am hopeful.
2 comments:
I'd respond to your add! Sounds right up my alley. Now if we just lived in the same darn state!
I would LOVE that Nikki! I loved your posts about the kids. I haven't been on here in a long time. But I love your pictures of the kids. They are soooo cute!
Post a Comment