So, here's an embarrassing post (for my boys). It's something I don't want to forget, but I shouldn't be writing it here. Too late. :-)
Karsten has a little girl at school who wants to marry him. One day he was telling us all about her. She said, "I'm going to marry you Karsten!" And he said, "No you're not! I'm not marrying anyone!" And as he was telling this story he said, "And, I'm NOT going to kiss her! And, I'm NOT going to hug her! She's too young to marry me!" He told this story for about 20 minutes with such fervor. As if protesting this whole idea of marriage he said, "She said, 'You have to marry me Karsten!' and I told her 'no!'" Although, he does think he can marry me. Last week he told me dramatically, "Marry me mama! Marry me!" Then he became really sober. "But you're already married right? To daddy?"
When I dropped him off at school the other day, this same little girl saw Karsten and her face lit up. "Karsten!" she exclaimed. She started fidgeting and tilted her head to the side. "When we go outside, will you chase me and catch me?" Another little girl piped in. With wide eyes she added, "You could chase ALL the girls and catch us!" To which Karsten looked away as he walked past their table and said, "Noooooo." The teacher commented to the little girls, "Karsten's not into girls." To which I replied, "And mommy is ok with that!"
I was thinking that Karsten was going to be a handful and we would be lucky to not have to worry about Zachary. That peaceful thought lasted until the next day. I looked through Zachary's folders from school to discover that a girl had written him three large notes. One said, "I rill, rill miss you Zach!" (With hearts drawn all over.) The next two notes said, "I love you Zach!" (and she signed her name). I asked Zachary, "Who is this girl?" "She really likes me mom, a lot! But I told her, 'you can't write me notes anymore!'"
I asked Jason, if when he was this age, if girls were writing him notes and asking him to marry them. What do you suppose he said? "Yes." At least we know where they got it from.
No comments:
Post a Comment