There are some things I don't do well (actually there are lots of things), but there are some things I am terrible at.
I always ignored those comments that people made about my room or my desk. When we moved, I realized how bad I was at organizing. Taking things out of boxes and looking around to see where I should put it, gave me an instant headache.
My sister Katie came to help me, and boy did I need it. She rearranged things that I had "placed" in the room. She created more space and still put more stuff in the room. I am baffled. This process is out of my league. It almost makes feel like I can't do anything.
It boggles my mind how people can look at something and see how it should be placed or organized. It wears me completely out to organize.
It helped me a lot when I heard a friend say that we should work on our strengths. When we pour our time and energy into a weakness, trying to improve it, we only become slightly better. For example, if I got books on how to become more organized, I'd improve from a terrible organizer to a bad organizer.
So, I can't organize. My sister and Jason both are natural organizers. That's why I need them both. Let me remember names and faces. Let me listen with heart and give you counsel. But pul---leeeze....don't ask me to organize!
No comments:
Post a Comment