Saturday, April 25, 2009

Smart Toilets

The library has a great kids' bathroom. The toilet is really short and everything is automatic, including the toilet.

Without fail, we are collecting a bag full of books and Karsten always has to go use the bathroom. The toilet flushed by itself and Karsten was startled. "Whoa! How did that happen?" he asked. "Did it know that I was done?"

"Yup," I replied.

"Wow! That's a smart toilet!" he exclaimed.

I can't remember the last time I was so astonished by such simple modern conveniences. What if we lived life with such wonder? Everyday things that we take for granted would take on new life. It would give us pause, being more thankful for and less in need of more and better to be impressed. I want to be like that. I don't want to take these simple things for granted, even if it's just a smart toilet.

No comments: