I think learning to tie your shoes is overrated. I have very few shoes that actually have laces. In fact, if they got rid of laces altogether, it wouldn't bother me one bit.
I love Velcro. When I was growing up and had shoes that had Velcro, I thought it was really nerdy. But now that I have kids, Velcro is so convenient and it makes so much sense. I went shoe shopping to get the boys shoes. I had two criteria: good price and they had to have Velcro straps. Why? Because I know how much time it adds when you're trying to get out the door and you have to loosen the laces, wiggle their foot in, tighten the laces and then tie them. Then, just three minutes later, they are untied and you have to retie them.
I love Velcro because it lets the boys put their own shoes on and I don't need to help them. It gets rid of such phrases as "Stop mommy! My shoe's untied!" Now I can say, "Time to get your shoes on!" and they can actually do it!
Thank goodness too, that they make cool shoes with Velcro. Because if they were all white, or all black, as I remember them, then I might not be so hip on Velcro. But since they've really evolved, going lace-less is the best invention ever. Well, when it comes to shoes.
So thanks, to whoever invented Velcro. You've made my life so much easier. Now if someone would invent something to keep the shoes together...that's another story.
No comments:
Post a Comment