Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's All About the Prize

At church today, they were celebrating the start of Sunday school. So they asked the Sunday school teachers to come up. The women overseeing the teachers made each of us a gift of caramel popcorn in a jar. Each of us received a jar and we sat down.

Karsten upon seeing my jar said, "Mom, mom let me see! Let me see! You won! You got a prize!"

Next they called the new members, which I went up for once again. After we sat down, Karsten says, "Oh mom, you didn't win a prize this time!"

Later in the night after supper, Karsten asked if he could have some of that popcorn in the jar. I said I'd go open it for us. As we were heading up, he excitedly shared, "Mom, let's see what kind of prize you got in your popcorn! Maybe it's a puzzle like Zachary got in his popcorn!" Finally putting two and two together, I said, "Honey, it's not Cracker Jacks!"

No comments: