I don't know where my kids got their sense of humor. I just know they make me laugh constantly.
Karsten came from home school and told me proudly, "Mom, I taught my classmates how to count in Chinese!"
"You know Chinese?" I asked.
"Yeah, uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis!"
____________________________________________________________
Zachary told me yesterday, "Mom, while you and Karsten were at school, you should have seen dad's 'angry face'."
He proceeded to tell me in great detail how an old lady at the stoplight didn't move when it turned green.
"The light is green in front of you!" Zachary says imitating Jason. I told Jason that he had been "told on."
____________________________________________________________
The Negotiators
When it comes to candy, we usually let them have a maximum of two pieces at a time or we encourage them to choose something healthy.
Karsten now comes up to us and says, "Mom, should I have four, or three or two or one?"
Zachary came up with one item in each hand. "Should I have something 'helfy' or junk food?"
I said, "Well, you should have something 'healthy' not 'helfy'."
"Oh," Zachary says, "I always thought you guys were saying "helfy."
______________________________________________________________
Karsten watched me as I put a gift in a gift bag for a baby shower. "What is that? Is that for her birthday?"
"No, it's for a baby shower," I explained.
"What are they gonna do there? Give the baby a shower?"
__________________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment