Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lessons From the Pumpkin Patch

Men and women are so different! I love making memories with my family. I think as a mom, I feel as if it's my job to make sure we have fun memories to look back on. I realized that I am married to a man of efficiency. As we walk through the pumpkin patch, albeit it's more of a tangled mess of vines and mud with good pumpkins to be discovered, Jason approaches it with efficiency. Get a good pumpkin, load it in the wagon and get to the cashier. Load the kids, the pumpkins back in the van and get back on the road. I don't necessarily want to spend all day at the pumpkin patch but I want to be make sure that as we go there each year, we remember the fun that we've had. I want to make memories. Jason wants efficiency.

Just like last year, I wanted a picture of our family at the pumpkin patch. Jason asks, "Why do we have to take a picture? We took one last year." Seriously? I looked at him and said, "The kids have grown up. And you're the only one who looks the same as last year." :-)


2 comments:

Lauri said...

LOL!! It looks like he's even wearing the same jacket in last years pic.

Gayle said...

He is such a funny guy. I think Karsten shows the same tendencies. He was clomping to the van saying, "Let's go!" He got his pumpkin and was ready to go!