Ever since I have written my birth mom, (from here on out, I will just call her 'mom') I have included my e-mail and home address. But she always sent the letters to the agency in Korea, then it gets to the agency in St. Paul, then to me.
So I assumed that she didn't have a computer or e-mail. So I was very surprised to get an e-mail with Korean characters along with English. It was my mom's pastor. He introduced himself and let me know how they wept together as they read my letter. It was truly a joyful moment, again. He was interested in my walk with Jesus and expressed joy in getting to know me.
Here's an excerpt from his letter:
"I've met your mother seven years ago and made friend in Christ until now.
I heard the amazing news that you live in America from your mother last week.
we cried and cried seeing the picture what you sent.
What a surprise!"
I got a second letter a few days later from a friend of my mom's from church. She included pictures of my mom actually reading my letter. That was awesome too.
"Thank you for my grand children's picture. I looked over the picture again and again. They are the most handsome and prettiest to me in the world, as much as stars that twinkle in the sky.
Your husband is also handsome and he looks warm and generous. The looks of your husband gives me a huge peace of mind and I feel much more happier and comfortable to know how he looks like.
also pray for health and happiness to dwell in your home in America. And of course may Jesus always be within your family."
Isn't my mom poetic? Within a relatively few letters, her demeanor went from careful caution (wanting to know if I was angry with her for giving us up), to joyful exuberance, to now an acceptance that she is a part of our family. She referred to Jason as her "son-in-law" and our boys as her "grandsons."
I am still amazed at this journey that God has allowed us to be on. I am really thankful for the healing God is doing in my mom's life. She is looking forward to seeing us in person.
I continue to be thankful for all that God is doing...feeling as if I am receiving undeserved grace. My mom also shared about her faith and I am of course, really inspired by that as well. God is truly good to us.
1 comment:
This brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing, AMAZING journey. I am so blessed to have been a part of your life, and to continue to have opportunities to hear how your relationships are developing.
Thinking of you often.
Post a Comment