We have been having fun watching the duck. We don't see her leave ever. I read online that if she's a "single" mom that she will take a few minutes to leave the nest and find something to eat. If she has a mate, supposedly, he comes back and guards the eggs while she goes and eats or he brings food back for her. Since we haven't seen the male come and take care of her and haven't seen her leave, we threw some bread by her. (I guess that's not the best either). We also put some water out for her in case she gets thirsty. We have watched and she hasn't eaten or drunk anything since we put it out there.
However, when the kids get too close, according to Karsten she does her "angry breathing." She doesn't hiss anymore but she looks like she's getting huffy. Now, she sits quietly and she lets us peek from a little ways away.
Anyway--summer is in full swing here. We ate at a Chinese restaurant for Father's Day. The boys made Jason some nice cards. I gave Jason our anniversary card really late. So he read it expecting a Father's Day card and laughed. We went shopping to get myself some summer dresses for Korea and the guys got some t-shirts. (Getting excited!). I have my first day off from work and school today. Yay!
Last night, when I was tucking the boys in, Karsten and Zachary were in full crazy mode. They were giggling and squirming. Finally, I said, "OK, that's enough." Karsten looked at me while grinning and replied, "Mom, we're just being silly. It's fun! You should try it sometime." Maybe I should. :-) Now that I'm not in school studying so much, I could try out "silly." I'll let you know how it turns out.
No comments:
Post a Comment