"What is it?" I asked.
"I don't know mom! You need to come over here and look at it!" Karsten exclaimed as he huddled acting as if he had seen an alien.
"What do you think it is?" I inquired as we walked over there. I was feeling a little nervous myself. I was hoping it wasn't a snake. I was ready to run too. What was it? Why was he so scared?
As we walked over craning our necks to see behind our plant, I couldn't tell what it was. I saw some stripes. I leaned in closer, hoping that I wouldn't have to run really fast and be a really bad model of how to handle these kinds of things.
As I leaned in, holding my breath, I saw more of the thing that was breathing. It was a mother duck. "It's a duck!" I explained, feeling relieved. As I looked around her, I noticed that she had seven eggs. "Oh my gosh!" I said.
"What?" the boys asked, wondering if there was indeed something scary back there.
"The duck has a nest with seven eggs!" I exclaimed. Karsten and his cousin Auddrey came to look. After that, we decided to leave her alone. She was getting visibly upset with all of the commotion as she "hissed" at us. I took some pictures of course. I was hoping she couldn't come out flapping her wings at me.
No comments:
Post a Comment