Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Past and Present

I brought out some home videos for us to watch. The boys love to watch themselves. We were watching one where Zachary was three and Karsten was one. As the boys watched, they laughed uproariously. At one point Zachary says very seriously, "Oh man, one day I will be taking these videos with me to watch with my wife and kids!" I laughed to think that he was thinking so far ahead.

Karsten on the other hand was thinking of the past. "Oh look how cute I am!" Karsten gushed as he watched himself toddling around. "I miss my little self," he lamented. "I wish I could go back in time and be one again."

I was amazed at how fast time has flown. I couldn't believe how Zachary lost his chubby little cheeks and baby talk and is thinking about the future with a wife! I couldn't believe how Karsten already misses being a baby.

All I know is, at this time of year I feel nostalgic as it is. But I know one thing, I am very, very thankful for this beautiful life God has given me. This season makes me think about God and all of His miracles.


No comments: