Friday, December 31, 2010

Stuff That Irritates Me

I try not to dwell on things that bug me, but sometimes, things just irritate me.

For example, my "smart" phone has a feature that if you type something wrong, it will correct it to the most common spelling using those letters. Well, I realize that my "smart" phone thinks it's smarter than me and that's quite irritating. I once was typing my professor's name "Connors" and it changed it to "Connotations". Another time, I was spelling my brother-in-law's name "Nate" and it changed it to "Mate". The conversation that followed was interesting to say the least. Just recently, I was typing "filo" and it changed it to "folk" which made it "folk dough." I just wish that I could make my own typos rather than having my smart phone make creative typos for me.

Automated "help lines." Need I say more? There's never ever a "real live" person on the other end. You have to push a number or say the option and it always seems to misinterpret what you say so you end up looking like a crazy person shouting into the phone saying: "customer service!"

The post office. It has been a long time since I have had a pleasant experience at the post office. Each time I go, it doesn't seem to matter what city. The workers seem tired and long-faced and certainly inconvenienced to have to wait on people. They are also in a hurry and I have been rushed through the process way too many times. Recently (two weeks ago actually), I sent a package to Korea and it never arrived. I get to wait more day and then file a claim that it's lost. Where do lost letters and packages go? How does that happen?

Really, I am grateful for many things. But I guess there are sometimes that things just irritate me.

No comments: