Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Friends Like These

I woke up this morning feeling totally refreshed and ready to take on packing, or whatever came my way.

I realized that as we make this transition, we have some very good friends and family who are helping us.

I have been packing some delicate items that need a lot of cushioning and these friends are like cushions of life. They help us take on the challenges of moving, making big changes and helping us in ways that makes this time a lot less stressful.

I have a friend that I pray with each week who helps me keep perspective and sanity. She really hears me out. She gives me the encouragement that I need and shares with me her life as well. It helps me when I hear stories from her life. It makes me realize that we are really all in this together. We've known each other since I was 19. She knows me through and through and she's one who allows me to be completely transparent.

I have some other friends who have been so gracious as to take the kids while I pack. This has been such a huge blessing, because it is easier to pack when the kids aren't around asking me a million questions and requests! "Mommy can I? Mommy can you? Mommy how come?" are all questions that come flying my way.

But even though moving can be stressful, if you have some "cushions" to get you from one place to the other, it's not so bad.

Everyone should have friends like these. I am grateful for such people in our life.

No comments: