Sometimes I have a thought that won't go away...and I just have to say it: "Nothing compares to Jesus."
But it's not what you might think it means. You might think that it means that I don't enjoy anything else in life...because it doesn't compare to Jesus. You might think I sit and stare at Jesus (figuratively) and focus my self on Him. I think we have all different thoughts about that thought...nothing compares to Jesus.
Because when I say that nothing compares to Jesus, it sounds like everything else becomes gray, dull and matter less, that's not what happens at all. What happens is that everything else takes on vibrant, energetic color because you see it with His eyes. Jesus helps me have an appreciation and passion for everything else in my life, like never before. We've seen life as: it's this or Jesus. How about it's this with Jesus! He gave us this life and He wants to live it with us and through us.
Every good thing we have been given, has been given by God. I'm not talking about our struggle with things that we know aren't good for us. Absolutely nothing is a substitute for Jesus, not even good things. So what I'm talking about here is that nothing compares with even the good things. The relationships that I have, made possible by Him. The flowers in my yard, made possible by Him. The sunny and rainy weather, made possible by Him. How quickly our kids grow, made possible by Him. Every where I turn, it's impossible not to think about Him. The very things that I marvel at, and wonder at, all made possible by Him. I'm enjoying this life more because of Him.
Can you honestly say that there is anything else in life that actually enhances all the other good things in your life? No! That's why nothing compares to Jesus. I'm still thinking on that, and I believe that the Holy Spirit will make that truth come alive in me, because He knows it's true.
No comments:
Post a Comment