We signed the boys up for T-ball and this is the first time they've done anything that's a team sport. We aren't baseball fans so we don't go thinking that they will end up playing seriously one day. It's just for fun.
So when the coach had the boys all gather around in a circle and asked them to say loudly, their name and their favorite baseball team, I thought: "Uh oh." The boys don't know that there are baseball teams that people cheer for. So as each boy in the circle seemed well versed in baseball and rattled off their favorite team, I was prepared for "A baseball team? What's that?"
When it was Karsten's turn, he loudly yelled his name and then said, "My favorite team is Zachary!" The coach chuckled and said that this was probably the best answer all night. Jason and I looked at each other and laughed too. Karsten didn't' know of any baseball teams but the one: "Team Zachary", the one he played with everyday. Zachary said the "Minnesota Twins" after hearing it quite a few times from the boys in the group.
I was proud to have a son who's favorite team was his brother. In a day and age where we tend to admire and aspire to be people whom we barely know, it's good to know Karsten thinks that a team that his brother is on is more important than a team that we may never meet.
No comments:
Post a Comment