The Boys Are So Literal
The kids were watching a DVD and the Cat in the Hat says, "It's cleaning day!"
"No, actually it's Mother's Day," Zachary replied flatly to the TV.
As if the Cat In the Hat knew that Zachary was talking to him, he repeated, "It's cleaning day!"
"Noooo, it's Mother's Day," Zachary said exasperated that the Cat in the Hat didn't get it!
*********************************************************************************
Time Is So Hard To Grasp
"Your auntie is going to have a boy," I told Zachary one our way home from his lessons.
"Oh, today?" he asked.
"No," I said and before I could go on, he drilled:
"When then? Tomorrow? Friday? Saturday? Sunday?"
"In October," I said.
"Ohhhh maaannn!! That is such a long time away!"
************************************************************************************
As soon as we get Zachary onto the bus, Karsten asks me, "What time will Zachary get home?"
It's as if they can't get enough of each other even when they are sick of each other. Even as they fight, they can't stand to be away from each other.
"He'll be home in a few hours," I answer.
"Aaugh! That's so long away!" he complains.
"He just got on the bus!" I point out.
So for the next few hours, I have to endure, "Is it time yet for Zachary to come home?"
***********************************************************************************
Zachary brought home Mother's Day gifts from school. One was a drawing of me and some questions he answered about me.
Apparently, I am 200 years old, weigh 80 pounds and have brownish, orangish hair.
Once, he asked me, "Why do you look so young and daddy looks old?"
************************************************************************************
1 comment:
Josh brought home a similar description of me for mother's day. Apparently I am 21 years old. I didn't realize there was such an age difference between us! ;-) He also said I weigh 90 lbs. Did I mention he is now my favorite child?? hehehe
Post a Comment