Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just Made!

It started with an argument. Karsten wanted his rubber band back. Zachary didn't want to give it back.

"He gave it to me to keep it forever!" he whined.

"I did give it to you forever, but now I want it back!" Karsten whined in return.

"Karsten, forever is forever," I explained.

"But I want it baaaaack!" Karsten continued.

Then we started talking about forever and how there is no end. Like loving someone forever...means that we never stop loving that person.

"And just think, we get to live forever with God when we die," I added, enjoying this conversation more now that it wasn't about the rubber band.

Karsten's lip quivered as be blinked his eyes. "But I don't wanna die!" he blurted out as he nearly broke out into a sob.

Zachary looked at him with sympathetic eyes as he reassured him, "Don't worry about it Karsten. We're not going to die right away. We were just made!"

No comments: