Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ten Years Ago

I remember the first time that I met Jason.

It was in the entryway of a church. He was the piano player there and he had on a white button down shirt with a loud red and blue tie. (He still has it). And he wore black pants. He asked me very matter-of-factly, "So what do you know?" I was taken aback from that and told him that I was "saved." Great starter conversation right? We actually didn't go out until about a year later. But we did hang out together with our group of mutual friends. We went to nursing homes and sang hymns.

The romance started much like two giddy middle school students. Jason's friend called me to ask if I liked Jason. Through that conversation, we discovered that we had a mutual attraction. I drove immediately to Jason's pizza shop and we sat in a booth giggling. So I dedicate a top ten list to Jason...all about him for our tenth anniversary, that we celebrate this Friday, June 5th.

Ten Funny Things About Jason

10. Jason bought me a rice cooker with a 20 pound bag of rice to go with it, on our first Valentine's Day together. I thought it was much more romantic than a dozen roses.

9. He has a photographic memory when it comes to destinations. When we're driving down the road, he remembers the gas station that we stopped at, what we bought and where we were headed.

8. He always, always wants me to walk on the right side of him. If I am not in my proper place, he will move me or walk around to the other side.

7. He knows a little about everything. He knows odd facts, knows how to wire, to build and to fix almost anything. I often ask him, "How in the world do you know that?" The boys have the same inquisitive nature. They ask lots of questions about everything.

6. He has been a great dad. He didn't hesitate to change diapers...and changed Zachary's first major diaper when he was still in the hospital. Although the picture does show his fingers barely touching diaper and you can almost hear a "ewww" looking at the picture.

5. He has called me from his work everyday (can't remember a time he hasn't called) just to chat and see how my day is going, from the time we started dating til now.

4. He knows how to cook without recipes. He throws a little bit of this and that in his dishes. I ask, "How did you make this?" He answers that it's a "secret" recipe.

3. He planned our life together even before we went on our first date.

2. He's extremely thrifty. I still remember the day that he was wearing his coat in the house because he had turned the heat WAY down.

1. He loves Korean food. I love that he loves to eat seaweed and kimchi and loves to try new things.

I love you Jason. May we have many more years of happiness, adventures and funny memories.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is wonderful Gayle. Steve doesn't have me walk on his right side necessarily, but always so that he is closest to the road if walking along a road or street, a protective thing with him.

Happy Anniversary!!!

nikki said...

Happy 10th Anniversary you two lovebirds!!!!! Mwah!

Gayle said...

Thanks for the well wishes!

Angie M said...

Happy Anniversary Gayle! We love you both so much!

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you celebrate it in a more romantic way than we did...we ate at "The Ranch" and then went grocery shopping! May you have many, many more happy years together.