We face many big life decisions as we grow up. What college to attend, what we will be, who we will marry etc. I probably thought about those things when I was a senior in college. And as far as who I would marry, not until I was in my twenties.
The following conversation happened in the van, both passengers sitting in booster seats.
"Do you want to get married to someone and live with them or do you want to live with mom and dad?" Zachary asks Karsten.
"Ummmm, I think I want to live with mom and dad. I don't want to marry someone," Karsten replied thoughtfully.
"Yeah me too. I don't want to go live with someone else. I'm going to be a normal kid and live with mom and dad for the rest of my life," Zachary said confidently.
As they piled out of the van on the way into the grocery store, Zachary further emphasized his decision, "Mom, we don't want to get married. We've decided we're going to live with you the rest of our lives."
"You might want to marry someone when you grow older," I reply.
"I'm going to marry YOU!" Karsten pipes in.
"You can't marry mom, she's already married to daddy," Zachary reminds Karsten.
So, it's been decided. My boys won't be getting married and they won't be moving out. I'm so glad that these major decisions are so much easier for them than it was for me. Maybe I should have them sign a paper now and remind them in about 20 years what they've agreed to. Or I could have them sign a contract letting me decide who they can marry. Either way, they should just be reminded that they were 100% sure and that just because they were four and six doesn't mean that I can't hold them to it.
What I want to know is, why are they even thinking of marriage? Shouldn't they be thinking about whether or not they're going to have mac and cheese for lunch? Who's kids are these anyway?
2 comments:
Hilarious!!!
They are hilarious. They're so much like their dad. ;-)
Post a Comment