"I'm going to miss Kindergarten," he lamented earlier this week. I know. I will miss him being in kindergarten.
To be honest, his last day was more emotional for me than his first day. His first day was hurried, exciting and full of promise. Today, as we waited with him to get on the bus for the last time this year, I was really sad.
He went to school half a day and starting in the fall, he will be in school all day. I know that I enjoyed having him home for the most part, and so did Karsten.
Zachary had a lot of fun this year and a really great teacher. I went to quite a few events because I got to stay home with them this year, and I will never, ever regret that.
Zachary, you've had quite a few firsts. You got to start piano lessons and had your first recital. You got your training wheels taken off. You went to your first pumpkin patch. You made your first gingerbread house. You had your first trick-or-treating (we always attended our church party).
We're proud of you Zachary and we know that next year will be just as fun.
Here's a look back at your year so far.
You were a year old and took an interest in the piano. Although, what kid doesn't take an interest in the piano at that age?
Your first recital. We were so proud of you for playing your first major piece.
Cruising on your two-wheeler. You were so proud, so giddy and pumped to have your training wheels off.
Under the parachute for field day. Playing "cat and mouse." You were a really good mouse! Your partner, the cat, couldn't find you!
2 comments:
He has your beautiful smile...and thus makes everyone around him instantly smile as well. :-)
Thanks hon! I have been thinking of you...is all well?
Post a Comment