I have been reading about the tragic events in our world. As I look at the pictures at the little kids faces smeared and scratched by the dirt and debris in Sichuan province China, it makes me think about the brokenness of humans all over the world.
It makes me wonder even more about the effectiveness of the church. How effective are we at reaching broken, hurting people?
In the same magazine that talks about these world tragedies talks about this: a Holy Land experience marketed as an inspiring destination. http://www.theholylandexperience.com/
The site says: "The Holy Land Experience is a living biblical museum and park that brings the world of the Bible alive!
It combines the sights and sounds of the biblical world in a unique and interactive way unlike anywhere else! To appreciate everything there is to do at The Holy Land Experience, you will want to plan to spend a full day with us."
So how many of you would attend such a destination? For $28 for an adult or $16 for kids, you can experience the life of Jesus all in one day.
I think it's a cool concept...but it's target is of course, Christians. Because if I were not a believer, if I had to choose between going to Orlando, FL and going to Disney World or seeing Jesus' life reenacted, I'd choose Disney World.
My beef's not that they have a religious themed Bible-themed park. My contention is that there should just be a lot of living examples of Jesus in MN, MI, FL, Africa, Japan and elsewhere. No one should have to go and see a historical Jesus, but see modern day Jesus in everyday life. In a world full of broken, hurting humans, we need more modern Jesus touching people, right where we are. Theme parks are nice for inspiration. But what if the world is looking for the One Who inspires?
No comments:
Post a Comment