On April 27th, we gave our resignation notice to our church family. We began as a Bible study in 2000 and spent a few years doing ministry and gathering a core. It was unbelievably hard to share the news with the people whom we've become so bonded with.
Then about six days later, we lost our shih tzu for long nine hours. It felt all too ironic that we got her as a puppy in 2000 and it was possible to lose her before we closed this chapter in our lives. But she came back.
Both of these times, I bawled like a baby. I couldn't take it. I was feeling a bit like I was losing everything.
But then on Monday, I received news from my social worker at the adoption agency (that my siblings and I were adopted through) that she received contact from my extended Korean birth family from my father's side. The e-mail included a picture of my birth father.
It started conversations on whether Casie, Katie or I looked most like him. We had no such picture to compare ourselves too. Now, there he was, in a black and white picture...
It reminded me that life is full of tears, discoveries and moments that we cannot prepare for.
We are embarking on a new chapter of our adventure. There are many changes coming. I have days where I just cry because I know that change is coming. Other days, I think excitedly about where God is taking us.
As our house sits on the market, as we pack boxes and think of leaving the people we've come to know these past eight years, I realize that nothing really stays the same. There's only One Who never changes. And it is in these times of changes that I fix my eyes on Him. The One I follow, no matter what.
No comments:
Post a Comment