Being outside in the sunshine, digging in dirt and decorating our landscape makes me so happy.
I perused my flower beds that we built and filled with perennials last year. The perennials were from my grandma's gardens. As I arranged the flowers and put them in a pleasing design, I thought of how beautiful they would look in the spring. These flower gardens would remind me of my grandma every time they bloomed.
I don't regret having planted the flowers. I actually enjoy the process of digging. I don't regret taking the time to make our landscape more beautiful, even if it wasn't for us. Even if the work was for someone else. But it does make me sad. I want to be able to come back someday and see the flowers in full bloom. And I will hope that new owners will enjoy them. And if they do, it will make me happy. We have this thing of wanting others to appreciate what we've done. If they enjoy what we worked so hard to put together and grow, it will feel worthwhile.
Just when I went out to not think about life for awhile, I thought about life and how much it really is like planting.
No comments:
Post a Comment