Zachary asked me the other day, "Mom, did spring forget to come?"
I couldn't help but wonder myself. While the rest of the state and country seems to be experiencing green buds, we are barely out of winter. Our flowers have been struggling to make their way out of the ground and make themselves known.
It often feels like we're missing out. That spring has arrived in every other part of the world but ours. Not us. We have cold, gloomy, windy days that makes us leave our winter coats out, "just in case." (Which makes me wonder, why won't God just call us to somewhere warm??)
I get spring "fever" just wanting to see something growing, something thriving and something boldly declaring that spring is here. And most importantly, that winter is gone for this season.
When we got two snowstorms in April, I was not a happy camper. Zachary looked at my face and asked, "Mom don't you like snow?"
"No! I don't like snow in the spring," I grumbled.
"But you like it when it's Christmas time!" he added cheerfully.
"Yes, I do, But we're supposed to have snow in the winter!"
But later, as spring delayed, even Zachary was ready for the weather to make up its mind.
There's little bits of hope that spring is really here. There are tiny little buds on the trees if you look closely. And seemingly overnight, there will be an array of green painted in our woods. There will actually be flowers on the stems. And then we will know for a fact, that spring did not forget us.
No comments:
Post a Comment